Help with your tax

Home/Help with your tax

Help with your tax

An accountant can help you prepare and lodge your tax return.

If you’re an employee­

A good accountant will be useful if you have multiple jobs or income from investments. They can also help you claim all the tax deductions you’re entitled to and make sure your tax return is correct.

If your income is from one employer, your tax return will be less complicated.

You can lodge your return yourself online for free using myTax, the ATO’s free online tool. You need a myGov account linked to the ATO to lodge online.

If you work for yourself

If you work for yourself as a sole trader, contractor or freelancer, an accountant can help.

They can help with your BAS (business activity statements) and PAYG (Pay as you go) instalments. They can also tell you what deductions you can claim, and give advice on super contributions and tax.

Can we help? email us your question